Lamb and Lentil Stew- Our lamb, like our beef, is grass fed. Lamb is considered an extremely healthy meat, and is high in protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamin B12.
- 1 pound dry lentils, rinsed.
- ½ pound lamb, cubed. You can use any of the cuts of lamb that may be included in your box.
- 1-28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large chopped white onion
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 3 chopped carrots
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
1. Add all of the ingredients, except for the parsley, salt, and pepper, to a crock pot.
2. Cover crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
3. Before serving, remove bay leaves.
4. Add parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.